Vivli, the Center for Global Clinical Research is seeking an innovative and hands-on Cloud Application Administrator to drive forward and manage its IT operations. With start-up funds secured, the non-profit is embarking on an exciting development phase, to bring the innovative data-sharing and analytics platform for use globally in 2018. The successful candidate will work alongside the industry’s top IT architects in clinical trials data-sharing. To take advantage of this opportunity, Vivli is looking to expand our in-house technical operations expertise.
The position is full-time, with a flexible location (based in North America, with preference for Boston). Individual must be a self-starter, experienced and able to work independently in a fast-paced start-up environment. Given the stage in its development, Vivli is looking for a candidate who will be hands-on, with the capacity, ability, and interest to grow with the organization. As Vivli grows, there is an expectation that this role will build an in-house IT operation and therefore, experience building teams is preferred.
Vivli is a non-profit organization that is establishing a global data-‐sharing and analytics platform to serve all elements of the international research community. It acts as a neutral broker between data contributor and data user and the wider data sharing community. Vivli is establishing an independent data repository, in-depth search engine and a cloud-based analytics platform. We are working to provide the platform as well as harmonize the governance, policy and processes to make sharing data easier. The ultimate aim of Vivli is to advance human health from the insights and discoveries gained by sharing and analyzing data.
The main responsibility is to support the development and operations of a cloud application supporting global clinical trial research. You will work with a team of motivated professionals to build and maintain an application in the Microsoft Azure cloud, providing DevOps support, system administration support, and user support as needed to further the goals of the organization and platform. Utilizing a wide array of Azure services and a modern codebase, the application is built on cutting edge technologies and is slated for continuous improvements in both functionality and infrastructure as the platform progresses. Leverage the newest Azure features to continuously monitor and secure the platform, and VSTS tooling to continuously build and deploy to both lower lifecycle and production environments. A great opportunity to keep your skills up to date and build success administering and supporting a modern cloud application.
- 3+ years experience in systems administration with Microsoft products, including Windows Server and Azure
- Knowledge of both PaaS and IaaS Azure Technologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerShell, specifically Azure PowerShell Commandlets
- Familiarity with application monitoring, alerting and instrumentation
- Experience supporting a global user base
- Experience supporting a production application
- Broad knowledge of operating systems, hardware, networking, overall passion for technology
- Experience with Build and Deployment Configuration of Cloud Applications (VSTS preferred)
- Experience consolidating user feedback and developing a roadmap of feature development
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, trouble shooting and decision-making skills
- Strong communication skills, including providing customer support via email, chat and phone
- Desire to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- High integrity, with a proactive, positive approach to work
- Bachelor’s degree in health profession, science, IT or business field
- Experience building and managing an in-house IT team, a plus
- Prior experience in clinical research IT and/or familiarity with medical terminologies and standards is preferred
- Ability to work as part of a wider team with diverse skills
- Perform other duties as required
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Cloud Application Administrator.