All Data Requestors wishing to receive access to data must execute the Data Use Agreement (DUA). The DUA is the product of extensive negotiation with the organizations that contribute data to Vivli, and as such, the agreement is non-negotiable.
See an example complete DUA here.
Before submitting your request, you may wish to review our standard Master DUA (above). Please note that the Vivli team will initiate the DUA process with researchers as a part of the data request process. When you are considering submitting a request on the Vivli platform, please prioritize submission of your data request. The DUA process generally is as follows:
- After a data request has passed a preliminary Vivli administrative check, Vivli will send the appropriate version of the DUA to the data requestor to read and acknowledge via DocuSign. The DocuSign envelope will specify what information is to be provided in each field for you. See these instructions for more information.
- Vivli will review the completed DUA and determine if revisions are required.
- For institutions that do not currently have a master agreement in place, Vivli will then send the DUA to the individual who is responsible for signing on behalf of your institution/organization.
- Once the request is approved by all data contributors and IRPs, Vivli will append your approved Final Research Plan in the field marked EXHIBIT A / RESEARCH PLAN at the end of the Data Use Agreement form, fully execute the agreement, and upload the executed version to the Signed Agreements tab on the platform for you and your institution’s reference.
- Once this process has been completed, the data contributor(s) will begin the process of uploading the data.
Please note that any research team members from a different institution than the Lead Investigator will also need to complete and execute a DUA if they need to access the requested data.
If you have any questions or need any additional assistance completing your DUA once received, please contact the Vivli team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.